Friday, May 20, 2011

Well-loved Books

Oh I love to read! Since I am assuming that most people like exactly what I do then that would mean everyone loves to read. I have shelves that are double stacked, trunks full of piles of books, and stackes in the corners. Most of them are almost organized. There are some Jane Austin books tucked by old History books. Some church books by Jules Verne. Ones about dragons near ones about Greek gods. Or Vampires near C.S. Lewis. Well I guess you get the point there isn't really any organization. I figure they can all get cosy together.



Recently I started to reread a series. 13 books with the final one set to come out next year. Some of them are hardback and in nice condition. But most of them are $4 paperbacks. I realized some of them are in a terrifing state! After being read several dozen times those paperback covers just tend to fall off. Here are my two favorite. I like this one. Pealing cover and tape holding it together.



But here is the coup de gras. Front and back cover completely gone. Spine held on by tape. Really if you can't tell from the picture it has a new cover brought to you by more tape. Plus several pages ready to fall out. Nice. I think this one falls into the catagory of classy!


2 comments: