As a horse person I find the Kentucky Derby super exciting. All those 3 year old Thoroughbreds getting ready for a mile and a quarter race. Looking psychotic on the walk to the gates. Dancing sideways and rolling their eyes. Awesome. Not that I would go near one of those hyped-up ponies...wait I think Rocko is a rack reject. Hum. Wonder what he looked like? No better not think about that. Well, ever since we got our own race track baby I love to check the pedigrees to see if any of the ponies are related to mine. Normally they have some sort of connection if rather distant. This year Rocko had a cousin in the Derby, Master of Hounds. They have the same grandpa: Mr. Prospector. Sadly, Master of Hounds did not win the Derby. This year the winner was Animal Kingdom (no relation). I am looking forward to seeing him run in the Preakness. Hopefully we will have a new Triple Crown winner!Thursday, May 12, 2011
Kentucky Derby
As a horse person I find the Kentucky Derby super exciting. All those 3 year old Thoroughbreds getting ready for a mile and a quarter race. Looking psychotic on the walk to the gates. Dancing sideways and rolling their eyes. Awesome. Not that I would go near one of those hyped-up ponies...wait I think Rocko is a rack reject. Hum. Wonder what he looked like? No better not think about that. Well, ever since we got our own race track baby I love to check the pedigrees to see if any of the ponies are related to mine. Normally they have some sort of connection if rather distant. This year Rocko had a cousin in the Derby, Master of Hounds. They have the same grandpa: Mr. Prospector. Sadly, Master of Hounds did not win the Derby. This year the winner was Animal Kingdom (no relation). I am looking forward to seeing him run in the Preakness. Hopefully we will have a new Triple Crown winner!
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
I have these visions of me trying to ride one of those things around a track and trying to hold on for dear life. Yeah, I'm thinking it would be more of a nightmare...
ReplyDelete