So lately I have discovered that I couldn't see street signs when I was driving home at night. Not wanting to kill myself in a steaming mass of twisted metal I decided it was time to get my eyes checked. It has been a while since I was in last so it seemed a good reason to get checked out. The good news is that I have one perfect eye. But there is a stigmatisim in the other. Now I have been shackled with glasses and contacts. On Ben's suggestion I got some contacts to compare with glasses. Ben is a contact professional. He has had them since Jr. High. So most of the time he laughs at my problems getting them in and then getting them out. I have gotten pretty good but I also have a habit of folding the contacts inside my eyes. Slightly painful. So in short I try to trade off. Contacts around the horse so that way he won't grab them off my face and smuch them. Glasses ok at work or if I just want to throw them on to drive to the store. Movies are a contact kind of thing. Glasses nice for reading at night. As you can tell its kind of a combo. The other option is that I could just get an eye-patch and walk around using one eye, kind of like a pirate.
Friday, May 20, 2011
Contacts and Glasses
So lately I have discovered that I couldn't see street signs when I was driving home at night. Not wanting to kill myself in a steaming mass of twisted metal I decided it was time to get my eyes checked. It has been a while since I was in last so it seemed a good reason to get checked out. The good news is that I have one perfect eye. But there is a stigmatisim in the other. Now I have been shackled with glasses and contacts. On Ben's suggestion I got some contacts to compare with glasses. Ben is a contact professional. He has had them since Jr. High. So most of the time he laughs at my problems getting them in and then getting them out. I have gotten pretty good but I also have a habit of folding the contacts inside my eyes. Slightly painful. So in short I try to trade off. Contacts around the horse so that way he won't grab them off my face and smuch them. Glasses ok at work or if I just want to throw them on to drive to the store. Movies are a contact kind of thing. Glasses nice for reading at night. As you can tell its kind of a combo. The other option is that I could just get an eye-patch and walk around using one eye, kind of like a pirate.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
Ah, the trade off. I tried the trade off at about your age. Glasses eventually won.
ReplyDeletePlease don't kill yourself in a steaming mass of twisted metal! Your new glasses are cute!!
ReplyDeleteOh Oh I choose the pirate option!
ReplyDelete