Wednesday, August 19, 2009

Horse Show Advice #3001


Horse Show Advice #3001: Sometimes you get lucky. Well, this last show was definitely crazy. The weather was perfect for most of the week then the one day Rocko and I were going to show it poured rain. Sad but true. It hasn't rained here for a least over a month and the one day it does is my show day. The ironic part was that I normally love rainy days since we get so few of them. Anyway it only rained for a bit then dried right out; we got to ride anyway. Rocko was really good and so relaxed I had trouble keeping him focused on the jumps even when they were only three strides away. He was much more interested in the horses next door then the jumps. Overall we were pretty good although we did take out a stride in one of the lines (again). This is a bad habit of ours. I have promised myself that we won't be doing that in any future shows. The lucky part of the day was that the judge must have missed that and we took first. It was surprising!

1 comment: