
This is Orion. He is my patron constellation. I know...you didn't know people had patron constellations. Patron saints yes but I have a constellation instead. He hangs out in the night sky for most of fall and winter. He was also named after a Greek guy who was killed by a scorpion!! Not the best way to go.

Our arrangement is simple. He makes sure I don't get attacked by any serial killers, zombies, demons, vampires, werewolves or various evil doers while walking to and from my car in the mornings and occasional evenings and I tell everyone what a good job he does. So far it is working out nicely. Some great things about patron constellations. They never complain, they show up every day, and you never have to be bothered with writing them a thank you letter or attending a banquet for them. It's a pretty sweet deal. So I will understand if patron constellations become the next big thing.
On Friday night I went to USU's observatory and saw his nebula!! =)
ReplyDeleteWell shoot, I want a patron constellation too!
ReplyDeleteHow does one get acquire or establish a patron constellation? You've made me jealous.
ReplyDelete