Monday, October 19, 2009

The Green Ribbon

Last weekend we had our last horse show of the season. Medal Finals is full of crazy courses and nice prizes. Sadly, it also has tough rules. Each horse and rider only get one warm-up (at about 5:30 am!) and then you must be ready to show over fences the horse has not seen and keep in mind that each round receives a score. The scores are totaled together for the final placings. While this is a little out of the ordinary Rocko was superior. We had a blast doing the handy hunter! There were lots of crazy turns and even a trot fence (no problem that's our specialty). Rocko and I ended up taking 5th out of 39 horses!!! Even cooler than that we received another 77 snatching 6th place in the Callister Cup. Winning 6th place isn't always nice but this show they gave out green ribbons! We don't get to see them very often. I think now I have about 3 green ribbons total out of 10 years showing. So, it was an awesome show. I can't wait until next year.

2 comments:

  1. Congratulations! I like the green Ribbon it's pretty. Hopefully next year we can watch you and Rocko compete.

    ReplyDelete